Want a green recovery?
June 3, 2020
For those who want to influence public policy, it is important to speak up when political decisions are being made. There's one of those moments this week. Until June 9, there is an opportunity to write to the Standing Senate Committee on National Finance, which is considering how the Canadian government is spending billions of dollars of our money on COVID-19 response. In particular, the committee is studying:
- a) certain elements of Bill C-13, An Act respecting certain measures in response to COVID-19;
- b) the provisions and operations of Bill C-14, A second Act respecting measures in response to COVID-19; and,
- c) the government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its economic consequences
If you want that money to be spent on building back better, write now to the committee, care of:
SENATE OF CANADA | SÉNAT DU CANADACommittees Directorate | Direction des comités40 rue Elgin street | Ottawa K1A 0A4t: 613-990-6080 [email protected] SenCanada.ca
Your letter should consist of:
- your name and contact information;
- summary of your main points;
- factual information you would like to committee to be aware of (written evidence should generally not exceed 10 pages and in cases where this is not feasible, an executive summary should be provided);
- any specific recommendation that you would like the committee to consider including in its report.
To see the submissions the Committee has already received (and translated), see https://www.sencanada.ca/en/committees/nffn/Briefs/43-1